Wednesday, April 25, 2007

New credit card

Over the past year my credit score has gone from about 590 to 690. So now I get many offers for cards in the mail. After checking bankrate.com (I love that site) for what's available, I settled on one that had come in the mail, and yesterday I went online to accept the offer. I got the 8.99% interest rate that the letter had offered (with an asterisk - depends on credit) and I noticed that they charge a fee of 3% for balance transfers. I figure that still is going to put me way ahead if I transfer a balance from an account with an interest rate of almost 33%. Which, I might add, should be illegal.

I therefore also requested a transfer from that high-interest account. I will find out in about three weeks if that has gone through. I don't see that there will be any problem. And I am proud of myself for doing this. I have other high balances on other high-interest cards that I need to deal with too, but I will be happy for this moment.

No comments: