Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A prosperous trip?

I just read of "Prosper Days" on the prosper website. Prosper is the place where real people, like me, can loan money to real people, like you. Or get a loan. I have made three small loans so far and am happy with the regular little payments coming in. A lender can do much better here than with a savings account, if she manages loans to minimize risk. The basic rule there is to look at the credit rating and make small loans. I am guessing that at Prosper Days there is a lot more information that can help me make the most of what I can lend.

For the buyer there is certainly a plus, too. You can ask for a loan at a much lower rate of interest than you are already paying on credit cards and other loans. And it's nice knowing that average joes like me are getting the money instead of money-grubbing institutions.

So I am considering attending this conference. It's in San Francisco and is just a day and a half. That would mean two nights' lodging there, not so bad, and registration.

No comments: